FOURTH SUNDAY OF LENT (31-03-2019)
NOTICES FOR THE WEEK
- Blood Donation camp was held in our parish last Sunday. We had 25 parishioners who donated blood. We thank them for their act of kindness and hope many more will come forward the next time we have a blood donation camp.
- The Stations of the Cross in Konkani will be on Friday, 5th April, at 6.15 pm followed by mass with special Lenten preaching during mass by Fr. Donald, SVD.
- The Stations of the Cross in English will be on Saturday, 6th April, at 6.15 pm followed by mass with special Lenten preaching during mass by Fr. Francis, SJ.
- Bible quiz for the month of March will be held on tomorrow / today after the 9.30 a.m. mass. Kindly register online for the same.
- The Family Cell of our parish is organizing the Bike pilgrimage to the newly built Divine Mercy Church Bhayander (E) on Sunday 7th April 2019. The bikes will move out at 6 am for prayer and mass at Divine Mercy Church and then proceed to O.L. of Lourdes Shrine, Uttan Dongri for the concluding part of the pilgrimage. Inviting all who have bikes to join in this spiritual outing. Kindly register you names with the Family cell members or in the parish office. Registration charges Rs 25/- per person. Last date for registration Friday 5th April 2019.
- In keeping with the Year of the Youth in our Archdiocese and the grace-filled season of Lent, the Diocesan Youth Centre is organizing ‘Quo Vadis..” a 3-day Lenten Mission for youth. For our deanery youth, we have it at St Xavier’s High School Hall, Vile Parle from 1st April to 3rd April each day from 7pm – 9.30 pm. We encourage our youth, especially the HSC students, to attend the same. Details on the notice board.
- The Diocesan Youth Centre (DYC) is organizing various short term courses during the summer vacations for boys and girls from Std X and above under the title ‘Awesummer’. These courses will be held at St Andrew’s college, Bandra. Kindly go through the poster on the notice board. In case you would like to attend the same, you may register for the course directly or through us in which case on successful completion of the course, the course fee will be sponsored. The parish will sponsor only one course per person.
- Confessions to the homebound will take place this week. The Eucharistic ministers will inform you about the same.
- A program titled ‘The Joy of the Priesthood’ is being held at the Goregaon seminary on Saturday 6th April. This program is especially for young men, 12th standard and above, who have a thought and are reflecting on becoming a priest. Those wanting to attend may contact Fr. Henry or Fr. Benhur.
- Don Bosco Youth Services is organizing various camps for boys and girls in the month of April. Those children who are interested in attending these camps may give your names to Fr Henry. Details on the notice board.
- The current PPC is finishing its term in April 2019. Hence in our SCC meetings we have already begun the process of nominating members to the PPC. We are issuing the nomination form in the parish office. Those who have not filled the nomination form are requested to do so by Monday, 1st April. Elections to the PPC if needed will be held on Sunday 7th April.
- On Palm Sunday, we will be having a special prayer service at 6.45 pm, after the Konkani mass in the evening. The prayer service will be an enactment of the life of Jesus and his condemnation, together with moments of silent prayer and hymns sung. Those who would like to be a part of the team preparing this prayer service and enactment, are requested to come for the first meeting tomorrow / today at 6.45 pm in the church.
- (at 9.30 am mass only) We thank community no. 4 for animating the liturgy. Next Sunday 9.30 am mass Liturgy will be animated by community no. 5
- Last Sunday’s collection amounted to Rs-15633/-This amount will be deposited in the parish account. We thank you for your generosity.
Be it known to all that the following couples intend getting married according to the Rite of Roman Catholic Church.
Michael Fernandes bachelor son of Caitan & Marie Fernandes residing at Room-17,Chawl-1 Kamala Shankar Shukla Chawl, Pratap Nagar, Jogeshwari East, Mumbai-60
Leena Dias spinster daughter of Daniel & Piedad residing at Alleluia Bldg, 1st Lane Shivaji Nagar, Belgaum-590016
If you know of any reason why this couple should not get married. You are bound to inform the parish priest as soon as possible.